The purpose of this post is to document my experiences with whipworm self medication. Whipworms (Trichuris suis) from pigs have been used to treat autoimmune disorders and severe allergies. I am giving it a shot, because I desperately want to get rid of my allergies. This year I've spent about $500 on allergy medications, and I am miserable so much of the time, so I think it's worth it.
Pig whipworm supposedly only survives in the human gut for 2-3 weeks; therefore one must re-treat every 2-3 weeks with a new dose of worms. One dose of 2,500 worm ova are $250, so this will get pretty pricey. I plan to harvest my own worms to save money. Some people use human whipworm, but this, in my opinion, is more dangerous because the worms colonize and survive in the gut for a much longer time.
Specimens: Tanawisa Company (Thailand; www.tanawisa.com)
I calculated approximately 0.16 organisms per uL, and I wanted to get a look at the little critters, so I've taken a 100uL (should be about 16 organisms) aliquot to fix and stain with phalloidin actin dye. Here is what they look like:
Based on the pictures, I concluded that the product is fairly pure (I didn't see any other organisms in there), so I was willing to consume it.
I consumed the 15mL of fluid, and it tasted like lemon water. It's strange to think about all of those parasites working their way through my digestive tract. But in comparison to the bacteriophages, bacteria, viruses...it's just another bug.
Day 2 (6/20/2016)
I feel fairly normal today. I had my regular morning allergies and took an Allegra as well as a nasal spray. My stomach feels a little strange, it's hard to explain. My heart feels like it's beating a little bit faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment